Osho Quotes on Sannyas
- A sannyasin simply means: who has agreed to meditate.
- You have become a sannyasin. Now it is a responsibility on you to fulfill the commitment of sannyas — and that is meditation. Without meditation there is no sannyas. It is only your pure consciousness rising upwards — slowly, slowly moving beyond the gravitation of lower things — that will make you a sannyasin. I can define sannyas as a flying experience to the stars.
- My sannyasin represents togetherness of action and meditation He is in the world and yet not of it. He is like a lotus flower coming out of dirty mud, but transforming the mud into the beauty of a lotus, living in a lake yet untouched by the water, absolutely untouched.
- A true sannyasin should be in the world, in action, and deeply rooted in meditation. Your roots should be in meditation, your branches should be in action.
- My sannyasin has to be both: with roots in the interior world and with flowers in the exterior world. My sannyasin has to be both: capable of intellect and also capable of intuition. There is no need to choose: whatsoever God has given has to be used to its fullest.
- Sannyasin is a totally different thing. It has nothing to do with Rajneeshism. Sannyas simply means they have accepted a way of meditation and a life of joy and rejoicing.
- That’s my insistence too: that a sannyasin should not renounce the world. Your meditation SHOULD grow in the world. It should be part of the day-to-day existence. You should not become an escapist.