Osho Quotes and Sayings
- Unless you become aware, thoughts will continue.
- The more a religion is well-organized, the less is the possibility of its being a religion.
- When joy is inside the heart, when silence is inside, peace surrounds you, grace surrounds you, God surrounds you….
- Love is not for some invisible God. Love is for the visible — human beings, animals, trees, oceans, mountains. Spread your wings of love as far and wide as you can.
- Every moment is full of danger and full of ecstasy. If you can use it for awareness and watchfulness, it becomes a great ecstasy, the juiciest experience of life. But if you are not aware, some moment, some day, you are going to die…
- Being respected by idiots you have to behave according to their manners, their expectations. To be respected by this sick humanity you have to be more sick than they are. Then they will respect you. But what will you gain? You will lose your soul and you will gain nothing.
- Sannyas is not renunciation, it is a way to live life in its totality and intensity. It is the art of living life in all its dimensions, it is the way to live life in all its richness. It is not the old idea of sannyas. I am not creating monks and nuns — no, not at all. I am creating alive people, vibrant, pulsating, zestful people, young and fresh, ready to go on any adventure in search of truth, in search of love, in search of God.
- Everybody is really lost. Very few people have reached their home. But your pilgrimage of finding your home should not be serious and sad and heavy; it should be of laughter and song and dance. If you can find your home dancing, laughing, it is true finding. By sadness and seriousness you are bound to find some graveyard, not your home. We need people who are seekers but not serious. That kind of seeking, serious and sad, has not led man anywhere.
- Always remember that peace is not the goal. The goal is ecstasy. Unless you can dance, unless you can abandon yourself in dance, unless your dance can become a deep orgasm, unless you can bloom, don’t stop yourself somewhere in the middle of the journey.
- There is only one statement in the whole Holy Bible which I am not against. The statement is, “God can forgive everything, but not despair.” Whoever wrote it must have been a man of immense understanding. God cannot forgive only one thing, and that is despair. But everybody is living in despair — God or no God, despair is a reality. It is self-destruction. If you love your child, you will make him rejoice, laugh, enjoy, dance. But just the opposite is being done.
- I am trying to remind you that when you are full of blessings inside, all your questions will disappear — not answered, disappear; dissolved, not solved. And being in that state of no questioning, no doubting, no belief but utterly fulfilled, contented, knowing happens.
I am not against anyone in the whole world, for the simple reason that I have no vested interest in anything at all, not even in my own life. My purpose is fulfilled. If I die this very moment, there will be no complaint, because I will not be leaving anything incomplete. Enmity arises when somebody hinders you in your ambition. But I don’t have any ambition.